- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander or paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned halibut fillets (1 in. thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 to 14 corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 cups napa cabbage cut in fine shreds or iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, minced or green olives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or chipotle seasoning
- OPTIONAL: tomatoes, avocado, red onion, fresh cilantro
jalapeño peppers, bell peppers, favourite hot sauce
- OPTIONAL SIDES: Corn Salad, Black Bean Soup, Mexican Rice, Chips and Salsa, Braised Peppers
- OPTIONAL COCKTAILS: 10 Mexican Cocktail Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl combine:
Greek yogurt/sour cream
chili powder/chipotle seasoning
4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
Mix until thoroughly combined, cover with plastic wrap and set the bowl in the refrigerator.
3. Place your halibut fillets in your baking pan, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 min or until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
4. While fish is baking, cut remaining limes into wedges. Dice cabbage finely (the dice is up to you really). Set out ingredients (cabbage, avocado, tomato, peppers, onion, spices) in serving bowls*.
5. Set out yogurt/sour cream sauce.
6. When fish is done, let it rest while you heat the tortillas (this can be done in the microwave). Squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the fish. Serve the fish from the baking dish.
*I have found that people prefer to fix their own tacos. By allowing each person to customize their “taco fixings” they can choose the level of spice and fish/veggie ratio they desire.